Sunday, December 28, 2014

Fresh, December 28

 Astronomy Picture of the Day:  The Winter Shower.  The 2014 Geminids rain down on this rugged, frozen landscape.  Read this...


 The Shooting Star:  My 14 "Incredible India" Moments in 2014!  I only had to traverse the crevices of my mind, to recall the solitude of the Himalayas, the serenity of the backwaters and my serendipitous encounters over the past year.  Read this...


 iRunFar:  The Definitive Guide To Fastpacking.  Where you cover big miles and earn even-bigger views.  Read this...


 Spreading my Wings:  Goodness in Callahan and Etna, California, and everywhere!  A group of four backpackers stole some food and a huge case of Gatorade.  Read this...


 Lessons of the Appalachian Trail:  Letting Go Of Attachment.  I had walked over 2,000+ miles and I was worried about 80 I had't walked.  Read this...


 Restless Kiwi: Walking the Te Araroa Trail:  Day 54. Fielding to Palmerston North.  It rained on and off last night but by the time I started packing up my tent was dry.  Read this...


 Six Moon Designs:  10 Questions Greg Bearden.  She had a four pound makeup bag complete with hairspray and a family-sized toothpaste tube.  Read this...


 The News Tribune:  Carolyn Burkhart has walked in Cheryl Strayed's boots.  Burkhart, now 59, made the trek on her own in 1976 as a 20-year-old. She is credited with being the first woman to do the solo hike from south to north.  Read this...


 Trails and Tracks:  MYOG: Down quilt for winter hiking.  Well, I don't know how long other people have taken, but it took me 15 months from go to whoa!nbsp; Read this...


 UltraPedestrian:  Low Fat Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce.  I've never met a nacho I didn't like.  Read this...


 Alan Sloman's Big Walk:  I feel dirty, used and abused. Retailers, eh?  Put simply this retailer is using all the bloggers and the good will of the blogs' readers to promote their business.  Read this...


 FellBound:  A Fine Panorama: A Walk in Wales along Creigiau Eglwyseg.  Not having lots of time I pootled along to the local uppy bits which are near Llangollen and parked the Model T in an old quarry at the foot of Trevor Rocks.  Read this...


 Living High On Life:  Q&A: How to Be the Best Trail Angel Ever.  Remember that conversation can be a gift in itself.  Read this...


 Winter Campers:  How To Start Winter Camping: Be Prepared.  Winter camping requires advanced planning.  Read this...


 tgsg Blog:  Not for Everyone.  We could hike in shorts most days but had to use all the gear to sleep warm at night.  Read this...


 Bedrock & Paradox:  The full suspension spectrum.  I think the most interesting developments in packs during the years to come will be in the areas between the old categories.  Read this...


 My Modern Met:  37 Most Incredible Photographs of The Year.  These are the pictures that stood out to us, leaving an indelible mark on our memories.  Read this...


Ad: Fire In Your Hand: Ultralight backpacking stoves.



0 comments :

Post a Comment