Sunday, December 7, 2014

Fresh, December 7

 Feature Shoot:  Into the Wild: Our Latest Group Show of 33 Images Explore the Wilderness.  Our latest group show explores the far-reaching corners of the world in all climates and regions to provide a glimpse into the amazing wilderness of our planet.  Read this...


 Girly Camping:  Bear-ly Missed Him!  Now all I'm missing is a picture of an actual bear!  Read this...


 Gypsy By Trade:  Into South Africa: Cape to the Karoo.  Squinting into the sun on the edge of a continent I hadn't expected to visit a month ago, we depart Cape Town and the coast.  Read this...


 Hike Bike Travel:  Snowshoeing in Alberta on a -20 C Day.  It certainly isn't the first thing that comes to mind, even for an outdoors lover like me.  Read this...


 Jill Outside:  Wells, NV.  I pulled into Wells for gas, I thought, "maybe I should go for a short run."  Read this...


 Jnunniv:  My Sawyer Squeeze Holder/fill scoop.  I LOVE my Sawyer Squeeze filter but I have two issues.  Read this...


 Linda's Lens:  Circling Coldwater Lake.  This unique lake, located directly north of Mt. St. Helens, was formed during the 1980 eruption when the mountain's north side slumped into the Toutle River.  Read this...


 Off Route:  Call of the Wild: Bikepacking B.C.'s Coast Mountains — Part 2.  "By God, I are a mountain man!"  Read this...


 Off the Beaten Path:  Grand Gulch Below the Narrows: Where to find the Perfect Campsite.  I've written about Grand Gulch before. It's one of my favorite places, and even after many visits we've only begun to discover its wonders.  Read this...


 Paradise From My Porch:  The End of Coyote Killing Contests in California...  Today the California Fish and Game Commission voted 4 to 1 to end Coyote Killing Contests in California. In fact, they ended almost all wildlife killing contests.  Read this...


 Prick-Eared:  2014 Post-Season Weight Optimization.  So, once in awhile, it is good to take a look at our options and see how weight can be reduced even more.  Read this...


 Outdoor Solitude Blog:  Seal Bay Park.  Most people go to the park for a jog. I seem to be the only one carrying a camera.  Read this...


 National Geographic Proof:  Through Steve Winter's Lens, Big Cats Step Into the Limelight.  I try to find a connection to our lives.  Read this...


 Astronomy Picture of the Day:  Milky Way over Moon Valley.  The otherworldly scene looks across the arid, eroded terrain of the Valle de la Luna in the Chilean Atacama desert.  Read this...


 EROS Center:  Image of the Week: Holuhraun Lava Flow, Iceland.  This eruption is occurring at the Bardarbunga volcano, which lies north of the Vatnajökull glacier in south-central Iceland.  Read this...


Ad: Fire In Your Hand: Ultralight backpacking stoves.



0 comments :

Post a Comment