Sunday, January 25, 2015

Fresh, January 25

 Texas Highways:  Exploring the Mesa de Anguila.  Big Bend's Ultimate Backcountry Getaway is Packed with Gorgeous Views High Above Santa Elena Canyon  Read this...


 fubiz:  Frozen Trees Photography.  Dans les montagnes de l'Oural en Russie, les tombées de neige recouvrent les arbres, formant comme des sculptures aux formes abstraites.  Read this...


 Adventure Inspired:  Overnight Winter Backpacking Trip Prep Tips and Gear List.  Crazy or not, I enjoy putting myself in situations that can be uncomfortable; it's how we learn and grow.  Read this...


 Walking Womad:  Catwoman — The story of my trailname.  Getting a trailname feels a bit like a "welcome to the community"-thing. You now are a real hiker.  Read this...


 LotsaFreshAir:  Australian Defence Force Ratpack MRE — Taste Test.  Overall, I think the feeling that I had most throughout the test was disappointment  Read this...


 Father Nature Outdoors:  Wanderlust Wednesday: Antelope Canyon.  This canyon is located on Navajo lands and is therefore managed by Navajo Parks and Recreation.  Read this...


 Queenstown:  A summers hike to Sam Summers.  I once managed to get lost while walking along a straight road. Seriously.  Read this...


 The Traveling Mandolin:  What Do You Do? (or, Resisting a Career-Obsessed Culture).  "I wash dishes in a sink and go out to lunch with my family."  Read this...


 Lite Packer:  Garden of the Gods.  Forever free to the public.  Read this...


 Alice Hikes:  PCT gear review: the Big Three.  In this PCT gear review, I'll discuss the items I used during my 2014 thru-hike for the Big Three: pack, shelter, and sleep system.  Read this...


 La Vida Locavore:  John Muir Trail Planning: Getting My Permit.  Here's the dirt on how to get a permit.  Read this...


 Summit Hiking in New England:  Mt. Cube 1/17/15.  According to The White Mountains: a Handbook for Travellers, Mt. Cube is so named to honor a hunting dog named "Cuba," killed while fighting a bear near the summit of the mountain.  Read this...


 Traveling Ted:  Hiking Santa Elena Reserve in a misty rain.  I did not think it was possible to find a more lush jungle than Monteverde, but we were now hiking in one.  Read this...


 A Backpacker's Life:  Decisions, Decisions.  When I got mugged a couple nights ago, it should come as no surprise that I stood still with the tip of my hiking pole pointed at a man holding a stun gun, considering all my options.  Read this...


 The Smoky Mountain Hiking Blog:  Throwback Thursday.  They told the media that it was just "a cheap vacation that got a little out of hand."  Read this...


Ad: Fire In Your Hand: Ultralight backpacking stoves.



0 comments :

Post a Comment