Sunday, March 8, 2015

Fresh, March 8

 Astronomy Picture of the Day:  Lenticular Cloud, Moon, Mars, Venus.  It is not every day that such an interesting cloud photobombs your image.  Read this...


 NW News Network:  Adventurers Complete First-Ever Winter Thru-Hike Of Pacific Crest Trail.  Expert outdoorsmen Shawn Forry and Justin Lichter completed the first-ever full traverse of the Pacific Crest Trail in the dead of winter.  Read this...


 fubiz:  Aerial Winter Landscapes Photography.  À découvrir en images.  Read this...


 Cool Tools:  What's in My Bag?  I work in the subalpine regions of Washington state studying high elevation amphibians.  Read this...


 The Luminous Landscape:  Life After Luminous.  I realized I didn't necessarily need a major game plan or business model, I just needed to continue being myself.  Read this...


 CityLab:  The Private Lives of L.A.'s Mountain Lions.  A mother and her kittens chow down on a deer in the Santa Monica Mountains.  Read this...


 Within Walking Distance:  What am I Carrying?  I've developed a compromise for my gear list.  Read this...


 Sheltowee Hammock Company:  Winter Backpacking with Andrew Skurka: Trip Report.  Meal times were a definite highlight.  Read this...


 Huffington Post:  Meet The Three Hikers Who Saved A Woman's Life On A Hiking Trail.  Saylor Guilliams is only alive today because last year she dyed her hair red.  Read this...


 Arizona Highways:  An Open Letter About Hitting the Trail.  Climbing is hard enough. Gagging on Brut just makes it harder.  Read this...


 Outdoorsy Mama:  6 Kinds of Backpacks for Every Kind of Adventure. From Thru-Hikes to Family.  Backpacks have been a part of my life from day one.  Read this...


 alice hikes:  Food on the PCT: How and what I actually ate.  Food on a thru-hike is not a hobby. It's not trivial. And it's not always easy.  Read this...


 PopUpBackpacker:  Is Making A Profit Moral?  "Job well done, young man."  Read this...


 Rambling Hemlock:  Gathering information on the Arizona Trail.  The Arizona Trail is different, rugged, and wild and it will stretch my abilities.  Read this...


 Dezeen Magazine:  Illoiha Omotesando climbing wall by Nendo.  Climbing wall made of English stately home-style accessories.  Read this...


Ad: Fire In Your Hand: Ultralight backpacking stoves.



0 comments :

Post a Comment