- What bureaucrats in the U.S. Forest Service do when they think people are watching. By managing the combustible materials in a forest they can manage the danger of uncontrollable fire, or plan for controlled burns.
- Stinginess. Don’t burn all your fuel cooking one meal. Duh. Unless you are the Dark Lord and can just incinerate a few lackeys whenever you need a hot meal.
- Government definition: Plants and woody vegetation, both living and dead, that are capable of burning.
- Pyromaniac definition: “All them things what make the purty flames.”
- Backpacker definition: White gas, butane, isobutane, propane, isopropane, alcohol, kerosene.
- Ultralight backpacker definition: Navel lint, stray threads from hiking shorts (if not traveling naked), nose, ear, and eyebrow hairs, spider webs, moss,
From: Fire In Your Hand About ultralight backpacking stoves. (print)
PDF: Fire In Your Hand (The same, but now paper-free.)